Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby it's cold out there!

Wandering Bear Farm Weather Station
4:30 pm

-2F
-31F Wind Chill
44 mph Winds
46 mph Gusts

I don't want to sound too dramatic but I think today I witnessed my first true total white out. My truck is parked about five feet from my back door and I could barely make out an image of the big blue thing in the whiteness of it all. I took about a dozen pictures looking outside and it looks like I was taking pictures of a white sheet. I was thinking ahead today and fed and checked on everyone about an hour ago. They are all locked in for the night. Me ... I'll be coming up these stairs regularly to check the stats. It looks like it'll be a wild ride tonight!

1 comment:

  1. It's time to string the rope from the house to the barn! Merry Christmas! Gary and Jeff

    ReplyDelete