Friday, October 9, 2009

Catching up

I haven't blogged much lately because it seems that I have been going in six directions at the same time. My plate has been full. I have many things to catch all of you up on but I haven't got the time to do it.

Such a fine Nubian ...
Nicole went on a little trip. She's being borrowed by a goat dairy just a mile down the road. They were not able to fill milk orders and I heard about the problem so I volunteered Nicole. Tuesday is well past time for weaning and I don't have separate spaces to lock them apart. Volunteering Nicole serves a couple proposes. I get to help a neighbor in need, I get Tuesday weaned, my new hay supply will be drastically saved, and Nicole is going to be bred by a very high quality pure bred Nubian buck before she comes home!
My gal and I the day she left
Tuesday went crazy over Nicole leaving. She cried so much for two days that she sounded like she was being slaughtered. Her voice was cracking. She's settling down now ... that is until she sees me outside and the yelling begins all over.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you posting. I understand busy. The arucanas look almost too pretty to be pure. They are a S. American variety and are quite exotic. But it is early to tell and all young chickens look very nice (My opinion).
    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete