Friday, August 28, 2009

Another afternoon storm

This is the afternoon storm that came through on Aug 25th. I love watching this things form and move through. I wish I had a good camera for panoramic pictures. This formed at Pike's Peak and was headed due north and within an hour the winds shifted east then south and my place got hit with it. We only got a little rain with it but the winds were fierce! I really need to get my weather station mounted and hooked up. I am very curious what wind speed is like out here.

One of the friends I was having dinner with got photos of the storm that hit at sunset. The clouds were very black and looked like they were boiling. We got a fairly decent amount of rain in it too.

I'll be curious to find out just how much rain this area has gotten for the year. This area of Colorado at least has been very lucky this year. Native Coloradans haven't seen it this green in many years. Some of my pictures show some greenness but don't really capture how very green it is. Everything here should be toasty brown by this time of year.











No comments:

Post a Comment