Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Goats




I was responding to a local ad on Craig's List for another breed of milk goat. When I got there I just wasn't impressed nor did I feel a connection. And after checking out three goats I asked about the baby Nubian. She was love at first sight. The woman said she'd sell them together or separate. I was not about to break them up!
The mother is Nicole. She's a pure bred Nubian. She three years old. Her "doeling" is Tuesday. Tuesday was born June 18th, 2009. I bought them seven days after I signed my lease and before I moved to Wandering Bear Farm. My friends were nice enough to house them until I could get a stall and paddock built for them. I wanted Nubian goats first for their beauty but they also have a good reputation as a good producing milk goat. The milk is high in fat. Someday I am hoping to start making soaps from the milk.
If you haven't ever tried goat's milk soap you are missing something great in life. I have local friends who make soaps and lotions - http://www.matrixsoaps.com/ - that are awesome. Tell them I sent you please! I am not at all someone that pampers myself but these soaps are great to use. As long as I have goat's milk soap I'll never use name brand soaps. There is no comparison. In this arid climate I have a hard time keeping my skin moisturized. The soap really helps as does the lotion. And just for the record ... you can buy all the soap you want to from my friends until I begin making them myself! LOL!









1 comment:

  1. Never mind the soap, how about some goat's milk cheese?

    ReplyDelete