Friday, August 28, 2009

The Matrix Goats

Here are several pics of the critters that are under my care for the next 24 hours. None of the pics are very great but it'll give you an idea of who I am caring for. The first two pictures are of Tuscon. He's a Nubian yearling buck that I have been offered for the use of breeding to Nicole (my doe) this fall. I am excited and can't wait!



Now if you combine the smell of old hiking boots, worn out cowboy boots, a locker room of teen aged boys after gym, unwashed coon hounds after a hunt, goat urine and sweat, this buck smells worse than that! And I won't go into the gross details of what bucks do during the rut! Obviously he likes just the way he smell ... guess he thinks he's got that "man thang" going on! As a note ... I had a pair of leather gloves on when I handle him when he arrived at the Matrix Compound. Not only do I not use those gloves anymore, it took me three days to stop smelling him on me! Yeah, even Bacci didn't want to be around me! He slept in his own bed two nights!






Raquel and Rasberry























1 comment: