Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My best bud







I'd be sadly mistaken to forget to include my best friend in my blog. This guy has been with me through thick and thin for nine years now. I rescued him as an eight month old pup from a jackass who was going to shoot him because his ex-girl friend who gave the guy the puppy broke up with him and the puppy was too big for it's breed. Yes, he's a full blood and papered Italian Greyhound. He should weigh about 10-12 lbs. He weighs about 18 lbs. and he stands way too tall.

When I rescued him he had a stupid name like Sam, or Ranger, or Spike. No offense to anyone with those names but this dog is no Sam, Ranger, or Spike! LOL! So while I was trying to come up with something he got the name of Bacci after licking the make up off an Italian woman's face.
He's a great pal ... as long as it's warm, there's treats, and a heavy down comforter to sleep under ... even in 80 degree weather! LOL! He's taken well to farm life except for being friends with my Nubian mother goat. She kind of booted him around the paddock one day and he thought he was being murdered. Needless to say he doesn't go anywhere near the paddock anymore! Bacci loves to chase squirrels, rabbits, and feral cats. A rabbit met with it's unfortunate demise a couple weeks ago. I think Bacci screamed louder than any rabbit could ever scream. Poor dog about peed himself to death. LOL!
As long as I am around and he doesn't out live me (damned dog has a life expectancy of up to 18yrs!) he'll always have a corner at the foot of my bed ... under the extra heavy duvet of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment