Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dawg tired

I am tired, sunburned, and my eyes feel like a sand box. What a couple of days I have had! No, I have no pictures to post yet of the few two days. They are in the camera, in the truck, and I'm too tired to go out and get the camera, download, and post tonight.
I am having a house warming and Labor Day Party on Sunday the 6th. Yes, I know Labor Day is Monday. But it's my party, at my house, so I'll call it what I want! LOL! Anyway, I have some needed inspiration to get things cleaned up and picked up. Over the last several days I have been torn with working in the chicken coop, working in the house hanging pictures and picking up, or yard work. The more I get done the more I see that needs done! Yeah, there's a bit of O.C.D. in all of that and I will fully admit it. But I know what the outcome of all of it will be so I keep pushing myself each day to get more done.
Mowing here on the high plains is more like clipping dead weeds in a sand storm. There is very little grass here so it is actually lots more weeds and a few prickly pear and barrel cactus thrown in. The mowing also took time because the property is covered in small bits and pieces of trash wood, plastics, glass, cement, and rocks. (Add in wind that was whipping everything around) I didn't want the push or riding mowers to hit the stuff so I picked up twice then picked up more as I mowed. There's also a ton of debris from the dead wood in the box elders and elm. There's still lots more dead to cut out but things are looking up. The yard looks awesome compared to what it did. All the fence rows are trimmed on both sides and so is the front roadside and ditch. My neighbor to the east tonight flagged me down as I was taking the borrowed riding mower back and said I got him into a heap of work. He said that I was making his place look bad and that this place has never looked better and he's lived here in sixteen years. His wife likes that both sides of the fence and ditch are mowed so now he has to do it. I didn't get a very nice feel from him as he told me all of this but it sure made me proud of the way things look.
Tomorrow I hope I can get the trap door in the coop covered in wire so I can let the chickens out of their cages and at least roam the coop. The run will have to wait until after the party. Then I plan to come in the house and devote the whole day to picking up and getting things put in place. Friday should be great fun. Very good friends are taking me to my first Colorado State Fair! I'm very excited about that!
So hopefully in the next couple days I will have the time and energy to get some pictures of my work, the fair, and the party posted for you all to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment