Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Hawks

When I first moved here I noticed an abundance of hawks. I asked about it and a couple people confirmed that there are high numbers out here. They have plenty of game with a good population of jack rabbits, cottontails, prairie dogs, snakes, and mice ... and yes, sorry to saw cats or small dogs. I was told by the neighbor that we even have Golden Eagles. I sort of dismissed that until one morning I crested a hill and just about hit a very large Golden sitting in the middle of the road snacking on a carcass. He was huge. He took off before I could get my camera out. The morning I took all of these guys I was headed to the Matrix Compound which is about 8 miles from me. In that distance there were 11 hawks on the power lines or soaring. By the way, I don't think that any of these pictures are of the same bird. Some pics are kind of blurred but I just can't resist catching a picture of them.













No comments:

Post a Comment