Monday, September 21, 2009

What a difference a day makes .... SNOW!

Yesterday it was a beautiful day. Today I woke up to cold strong winds and temps dropping down. It's dark and cloudy, lightning and thunder, sleet and rain. And as I write this I am seeing SNOW for the first time this year!

My friends at the Matrix Compound are schedule to have their wind generator erected today. Word from Cheyenne Wind Energy is that they work in all kinds of weather

The wind is howling. Here's some weather stats I took from the weather station here at Wandering Bear Farm:

7:15am MST

Winds from N/NE at 14 MPH
Gusts 21 MPH
Temp 46F
-----
7:30am MST

Winds from E at 31 MPH
Gusts at 49 MPH
Temp 42F
-----
11:45am MST

SNOW flurries!
Winds from E at 25 MPH
Gusts at 28
Temp 35!!!
Wind Chill 25!!!

Holy buckets I hate thinking about what is ahead out here! LOL! The attic is popping and groaning and the desk is vibrating as the house shudders against the gusts. I have heat on and Bacci is hibernated away under the pile of the down comforter. I may not see him again until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment