Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Party at Wandering Bear Farm




Well with the help of my friends we pulled off the inaugural Wandering Bear Farm Labor Day party. I hope everyone had a good time. It did seem so. We had a bunch of great food ... beer brats, hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, green beans and bacon, home made mac and cheese, green leaf salad with all the trimmings, red potato salad, and apple pie and ice cream.


A big thanks goes out to Al and Bill for helping me for a couple days prior getting things ready. It took a lot of time to get it all pulled together. They brought the grill (I don't even cook but I have "Grill Envy" now!), the tent, the music, horse shoes, ladder ball, and croquet. David and Weldon supplied the chairs and tables. I was up until 1230pm Saturday night and back up at 445am Sunday to make sure things were neat, clean (as much as I could), and decorated. I pulled out a few of my American flags to set the celebratory mood. This was my first party at WBF!


I had six guys come from the Denver metro and I really appreciate them driving so far to join us six locals. I also enjoyed having their dogs adding life to the party. Everyone played well with others!


Hopefully the next party can be bigger and better!


Sunday morning about 6am









Later in the day a storm rolled through to the south









Yes, even my pets are patriotic!



Bill (l) and Scott (r) and Hunter a.k.a. Monster



Another Bill and me



Larry, Bill, and Taos




EJ and Katy



Scott, Michael, Hunter, and Leo




The gang



Gary, me, and Jeff



David pitching shoes









Athlete Al




The newly formed Calhan Croquet Club .... ROFLMAO!!!!!! Ooops! did I just laugh?


Scott and David being civilized LOL!








Weldon relaxing and enjoying his hobby



Bill and Al on lunch break








Something was obviously funny








































A break in the action and me trying to be "artsy"



One bear and a few worn out pups ...






"I can't lay down and close my eyes ... I may miss something"



"Ah, I'll rest under this old truck. The oil and grease will make my coat shinier than anyone else's"



1 comment: