Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My time of day

I love to get up right before the sun begins to illuminate the horizon and the few wisps of clouds that cloak it, let Bacci out for his first "business" trip of the day, turn on NPR and bump around the kitchen trying to find everything I need for breakfast. I put on the tea kettle to heat up and begin mixing my own blend of granola, yogurt, chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries, golden raisins, blue berries, and a banana. By the time I get that pulled together the the pot is vibrating and whistling telling me my water for tea is hot. It's always Celestial Seasonings (a Colorado based company!) and it's always it's two tea bags, one with some sort of berry tea, and the other is "Morning Thunder" or a green tea. I get my caffeine with the Morning Thunder and the berry tea kind of sweetens it all. I drop in a healthy portion of agave nectar or honey and I am headed upstairs to the desk.


I log in to check messages and enjoy looking out the attic window to the barn, waiting, watching, and listening for the first crow of the roosters, or the cry of one of the hungry goats. The sun is finally high enough to just begin to light up the face of the barn. Though it wouldn't have been a color I picked I think the owners knew the the next tenant needed light in his morning to get the day started! The color is perfect for me my need of bright days.


As I sit hear and write the crowing of the roosters, crying of the goats, and the songs of the grass birds and crows have begun. I am sure the goats want hay alfalfa and grain, the chickens want whatever they like about me, and the cats, almost old enough to be aware of the Great Horned Owl, want out of the kennel and cuddle in my arms.


My God, I am so lucky sometimes .... and that's the beginning of my day at Wandering Bear Farm





No comments:

Post a Comment